ResearchFest is an annual event that highlights the best undergraduate and graduate-level research from the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (ChBE), the Department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), and the Fischell Department of Bioengineering (BioE). It allows students to share their work in a fun, casual setting with faculty, staff and students from their own and other departments. The event is sponsored by BioE, ChBE and MSE, and features guest judges, prizes, and a reception.
- Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 11:00-2:00 PM
- Location: Kim Engineering Building Rotunda and Kay Boardrooms
- Cash prizes (deposited to student accounts) will be awarded.
- Lunch will be provided following the “soundbite” presentations.
- You are welcome to attend even if you will not be presenting your research!
- Jump To: How to Participate
- Submitters of accepted presentations (see How to Participate, below) will deliver a 1 minute PowerPoint slide "soundbite" summarizing research project along with a corresponding poster display.
- Judges will select a group of semi-finalists based on the soundbites and have a follow-up discussion while evaluating the posters to determine the winners/runners-up
- There will be three judges consisting of an alumnus or other representative from each department (BioE, ChBE, and MSE)
- A winner and runner-up from each department will be chosen, each receiving a cash prize (deposited in their student accounts).
Submit your 1-page PowerPoint slide by Sunday, May 31, 2015.
- Create a PowerPoint slide to accompany a 1-minute presentation of your work.
- Download and use the ResearchFest template to ensure readability and consistency of content. Download a sample slide for reference if desired.
- Submissions should be sent to Svetlana Ikonomova at email@example.com.
- All submitted slides must be approved by you, any co-authors, and your advisor as acceptable for presentation in the public domain. Information on the slides may be included in handouts for judges and/or attendees, or posted on ChBE's web site. Photos of the poster session and/or presentations may be used online and/or in newsletters. Questions or concerns should be addressed to Svetlana Ikonomova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may send updated PowerPoint slides to Svetlana Ikonomova at email@example.com until Sunday, June 7, 2015.
Prepare your poster.
You may create a new poster for the event, or use one you have presented in the past year. You are responsible for printing your poster.
Bring your poster to the Kim Building Rotunda between 10:30 and 11:00 AM on June 10. Easels, 40"x30" boards, and pins will be provided. If your poster is larger than the boards provided, plan on bringing your own board or mounting the poster.
Please direct questions to Svetlana Ikonomova at firstname.lastname@example.org.