ResearchFest is an annual event that highlights the best undergraduate and graduate-level research from the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (ChBE), the Department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), and the Fischell Department of Bioengineering (BioE). It allows students to share their work in a fun, casual setting with faculty, staff and students from their own and other departments. The event is sponsored by BioE, ChBE and MSE, and features guest judges, prizes, and a reception.
- Date: Thursday, June 2nd, from 11:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Setup begins at 10 a.m.
- Location: Kim Engineering Building Rotunda and Kay Boardrooms
- Cash prizes (deposited to student accounts) will be awarded.
- Lunch will be provided.
- You are welcome to attend even if you will not be presenting your research!
- Jump To: How to Participate
- Submitters of accepted presentations (see How to Participate, below) will deliver a 1 minute PowerPoint slide "soundbite" summarizing research project along with a corresponding poster display.
- Judges will select a group of semi-finalists based on the soundbites and have a follow-up discussion while evaluating the posters to determine the winners/runners-up.
- There will be three judges consisting of an alumnus or other representative from each department (BioE, ChBE, and MSE).
- A winner and runner-up from each department will be chosen, each receiving a cash prize (deposited in their student accounts).
Submit your 1-page PowerPoint slide by Sunday, May 22, 2016.
- Create a one-page PowerPoint slide using the ResearchFest template and submit it by Sunday, May 22, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CC to email@example.com. This slide will be used to accompany a 1-minute presentation of your work on June 2nd. A sample slide is available for your reference.
- All submitted slides must be approved by you, any co-authors, and your advisors as acceptable for presentation in public. Information on the slides may be included in handouts for judges and/or attendees, or posted to the BIOE/CHBE/MSE websites.
- You may send updated PowerPoint slides to firstname.lastname@example.org until Sunday, May 29.
Prepare your poster.
You may create a new poster for the event, or use one you have presented in the past year. You are responsible for printing your poster. Please plan ahead to format your poster to be no larger than 40"x30" (or 30"x40").
Arrive early on June 2nd.
Bring your poster to the Kim Building Rotunda beginning at 10 a.m. on June 2nd. Easels, 40"x30" boards, and pins will be provided. If your poster is larger than the boards provided, plan on bringing your own board or mounting the poster.
There will be three judges consisting of an alumnus or other representative from each department (BIOE, ChBE, and MSE). A winner and runner-up from each department will be chosen, each receiving a cash prize (deposited into their student accounts). One outstanding undergraduate research award ill be given out as a cash prize (deposited into the student account).
Please note, photos of the poster session and/or presentations may be used online and/or in newsletters. Questions or concerns should be addressed to email@example.com with a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct questions to Marina Shumakovich at email@example.com.