About the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Learn More About the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Maryland provides students with a fundamental understanding of physical, chemical and biological processes and the ability to apply molecular and biomolecular information and methods of discovery into products and the processes by which they are made. The department was established in 1937. Our Undergraduate and Graduate programs provide the unique interdisciplinary academic foundation and scholarly training needed to address complex engineering problems with emphasis on the advancing fields of biological engineering and nanotechnology.
- Annual B.S. degrees granted: 40 to 60
- Undergraduate enrollment: 265–287
- Graduate enrollment: 55–58
- 15 regular tenured and tenure-track faculty members
- Diversity in students, faculty and staff