Find Us at the 2016 AIChE Meeting this November in San Francisco!
Where will we be at AIChE? You can watch us present our latest research, cheer on our Chem-E Car team, and even join us for breakfast, where you can meet us and learn about our current open-rank faculty search!
Bagels & Grits 7
When: Monday, November 14
Time: 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Second Floor, Mendocino Room
222 Mason Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
This event is free, and no RSVP is required. Alumni, friends, and anyone interested in learning more about our academic programs are invited to drop by to meet our faculty and students!
Chem-E Car Finals
Cheer on our team, the Thirsty Turtles, at the finals, and see their newest car, Shelldon!
Sunday, November 13
Poster Competition: 8:30 a.m.
Competition: 12:30 p.m. (Grand Ballroom A/B, San Francisco Hilton Union Square)
For the most up to date information, visit the AIChE's online program
Presentations may be delivered by the professor and/or a member of his or her research group.
Ray Adomaitis AIChE Fellow
- (45h) Anomalous ALD Growth per Cycle Under Precursor-Limited Conditions (Sun. 13 Nov)
- (26b) AIChE and Advanced Manufacturing (Sun. 13 Nov)
- (398b) Reaction Network Analysis for Thin-Film Deposition Processes: Physical Interpretation of Reaction Invariants (Tues. 15 Nov)
- (480c) Maria Burka as seen by a U. Maryland Colleague (Wed. 16 Nov)
Mikhail Anisimov AIChE Fellow
- (218a) Liquid Polyamorphism: From Metallic Hydrogen to Supercooled Water (Mon. 14 Nov)
- (716d) Thermodynamics of Liquid Polyamorphism: Equation of State of a Fluid with Thermodynamic Equalibrium Between Two Structures (Th. 17 Nov)
Kyu Yong Choi
- (404b) Designer Dual Therapy Nanolayered Implant Coatings Eradicate Biofilms and Accelerate Bone Tissue Repair (Tues. 15 Nov)
- (197e) Investigation of the Oxidation Behavior of Copper/Tin and Copper/Carbon Composite Particles Fabricated Via Spray Pyrolsis (Mon. 14 Nov)
- Biotechnology for Energy, Chemicals, and Materials, Chair (Wed. 16 Nov)
- (683e) Investigation of the Cellular Uptake and Cytotoxicity of Cell-Penetrating Peptides in Candida Fungal Pathogens (Th. 17 Nov)
- Protein Engineering I: Combinatorial Techniques, Co-Chair (Th. 17 Nov)
- (707b) Modifying Histatin 5 for Enhanced Resistance to Candida albicans Secreted Aspartic Proteases (Th. 17 Nov)
- (789e) Purification-Free Antibody Fragment Immobilization Using in Vivo Biotinylation (Fri. 18 Nov)
- (129c) Core-Shell Bulk BEA-Lamellar MFI Composite Prepared in One-Step: Integration of 3D and 2D Zeolites into Hierarchical Structures for Efficient Alkylation Reactions (Mon. 14 Nov)
- Accelerated Discovery and Development of Inorganic Materials, Co-Chair (Tues. 15 Nov)
- Catalysis with Microporous and Mesopourous Materials I: Lewis Acid Zeolites and Biomass Conversion, Co-Chair (Wed. 16 Nov)
- Catalytic Hydrocarbon Processing, Co-Chair (Th. 17 Nov)
- (674g) Quantification of External and Pore Mouth Acid Sites in Unit-Cell Thick Pillared MFI and Pillared MWW Zeolites (Th. 17 Nov)